2023 Industry Studies Association
May 31 - June 2, 2023
The Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University
Just over TWO MONTHS until the 2023 Industry Studies Association Conference at The Ohio State University's Fisher College of Business in Columbus, Ohio. The venue is the Blackwell Inn and Conference Center, on Ohio State's campus.
The main conference will begin the afternoon of Wednesday, May 31st and end after lunch on Friday, June 2nd. The Professional Development Workshop (PDW) will take place the morning of May 31st.
Also on the morning of May 31st, there will be the opportunity to tour the oldest Japanese automobile plant in the U.S., Honda, or one of the largest remaining generic drug manufacturers in the country, Hikma. We currently plan to also offer the Hikma tour the afternoon of June 2nd, should demand require it.
The opening reception on the evening of May 31st will take place at Ohio Stadium, the iconic home of the Ohio State Buckeyes football team. The June 1st reception will be at a rooftop in the Short North, which is a vibrant and historic bar and restaurant area near downtown Columbus, and only a couple of miles from campus and the main conference venue.
The main conference is PACKED with exciting content, including:
- Hear from Erica Fuchs of Carnegie Mellon and some team members on her NSF-funded work to understand critical technologies
- Learn about how industrial policy is made in Washington, DC, from people who are-or recently were-there, including our own Sue Helper and Liz Reynolds
- And, learn about opportunities for ISA members to contribute to Industrial Policy, in a panel featuring those who do
- Hear about how Ohio's innovative approach to economic development-started by John Kasich-has led to great successes, including landing Intel's $20billion chip plant in a suburb of Columbus
- Get several perspectives on digital transformation and technological change-from industrial and academic leaders in the German automobile industry, to a session organized by John Paul MacDuffie on the mobility industry, to an MIT study of small/medium Ohio manufacturers
- Hear from the leaders in pharmaceutical supply chain pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) reform. The non-profit, and newspaper, that first exposed the practices are both in Columbus, Ohio.
- And, over 100 papers and panels presented in parallel tracks
We look forward to seeing you in Columbus!
John Gray, 2023 Conference Chair, ISA Vice President
Tonya Boone, 2023 ISA President
John Paul MacDuffie, ISA Past President
Stephanie Rink, ISA Executive Director