We would like to draw your attention to the following PDW at the Academy of Management Meeting 2022!
QUALITATIVE COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS (QCA): A SET-ANALYTIC APPROACH TO STUDYING CONFIGURATIONS
The PDW includes 3 Parts, all will be organized in a Hybrid Interactive Session with opportunities for on-site participants in Seattle (Seattle Convention Center, Tahoma 3 - The Conference Center- Level 3) as well as online participants via Zoom. Participants who wish to receive a list of recommended pre-readings and resources may contact Johannes Meuer (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the meeting. Participation in this PDW is open to all conference attendees and requires no registration (except for Part 3).
Part 1 serves management researchers and practitioners with no or only little knowledge of, and experience with, QCA who want to learn the basic "nuts and bolts" of QCA and configurational logic and understand if this might be the right tool for their research project. Part 2 serves more advanced management researchers and practitioners interested in current methodological issues and advances in QCA. Part 3 serves all participants who seek to discuss their ongoing QCA research with other participants and the PDW organizers. To participate in Part 3, please submit an extended abstract of 1,500-2,000 words to Johannes.email@example.com by 16 July 2022. Your abstract should summarize your study's topical area, theoretical background, research gap and question, and include details about the data, analytical strategy (for empirical papers), and preliminary results. Please also indicate your target journal and add a few questions that you would like the reviewers to address. A panel of QCA experts will review all submissions and evaluate their fit with the PDW according to clarity of purpose, methodological rigor, and innovative character of the research. We will let you know shortly after 16 July 2022 about your opportunities to participate in Part 3.
Conveners & Facilitators:
- Ruth Aguilera, Northeastern University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanna T. Campbell, University of Cincinnati, email@example.com
- Donal Crilly, London Business School, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peer C. Fiss, University of Southern California, email@example.com
- Santi Furnari, City University London, Furnari.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas Greckhamer, Louisiana State University, email@example.com
- Rodney Lacey, Arizona State University, Lacey@asu.edu
- Johannes Meuer, KLU Hamburg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vilmos F. Misangyi, The Pennsylvania State University, email@example.com