MBS invites applications for 1 permanent, full-time position of Associate Professor or Associate Professor of Practice of Operations Management. The appointment is expected to commence September 1, 2022, and the selected candidate is expected to relocate to Montpellier or nearby area.
The position is opened to candidates whose research and teaching interests lie in supply chain management, logistics, purchasing and negotiation, lean management, and/or digital transformation. A focus on ethics, openness, diversity, global performance, and social responsibility is a plus.
MBS offers salaries and conditions that are competitive and in line with national standards (e.g., relocation policy to support the moving process, French language courses for faculty members and their families, health insurance, benefits package, and a complementary pension scheme). The research environment is vibrant and teaching loads are attractive. A high level of research support is provided, including a generous individual budget for conducting research and attending conferences.
MBS is looking for candidates who:
- Hold a PhD in Operations Management or a closely related field from a recognized institution.
- Conduct research consistent with the interests of MBS faculty members. Conducting research in areas consistent with the core values of the school is an asset
- Have a strong record of academic and/or practitioner-oriented publications
- Have extensive teaching experience at different levels and show strong evidence of teaching and learning innovation. Having teaching experience at the executive level is a plus
- Are able to teach in English (being able to teach in French is not required but is an asset)
- Demonstrate evidence of active participation in the life of their current institution
- For Associate Professor of Practice: Have international professional experience with substantial responsibilities in a company or substantial experience as a supply chain management consultant. Having a recognized professional certification in supply chain management is an asset
The candidates will be expected to:
- Publish regularly in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals (e.g., classified in category 4, 3, or 2 in the ABS List) and/or intellectual contributions targeted at the business community
- Contribute meaningfully to the visibility of MBS in the media and the society at large
- Teach high-quality and innovative courses at undergraduate, postgraduate, and/or executive level
- Participate actively in service activities (e.g., supervise master theses, participate in student selection and recruitment, service in committees, representation of the school at events), in proportion with the academic rank
- Take part in the department's activities (e.g., research workshops, friendly reviews)
- Assume academic responsibilities in MSc program development
Candidates interested in applying should apply here: Associate Prof. of Operations Management
When applying, candidates will be asked to upload 3 separate documents:
- A cover letter
- In one single file: (a) a CV that includes a list of publications (clearly indicating their ranking in the ABS list) and the names and contacts of at least 2 referees, (b) a research statement that details research interests and pipeline, (c) a teaching statement that includes a list of courses taught as well as recent teaching evaluations (if available for the last 2 academic years)
- A work-in-progress manuscript
The deadline for submitting applications is December 15, 2021. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible because screening of applications will start in a timely manner and will continue until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for a preliminary job interview via video conference. Following these pre-interviews, some of the candidates will be invited for a formal campus visit.
Exceptional candidates at the rank of Assistant Professor or Full Professor can be considered but must contact firstname.lastname@example.org before applying.
Questions about the submission of applications and the HR portal should be addressed to email@example.com. Questions about the school and the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montpellier Business School