View Thread

Final call for PDW proposals

• 1.  Final call for PDW proposals

Posted 01-03-2024 03:53

Happy New Year everyone!

There is one week left to submit your Professional Development Workshop (PDW) proposal for the AOM 2024 conference. As PDW chair of the OSCM Division I encourage PDWs that build knowledge and share expertise oriented towards emerging research themes and methods as well as management practice in the OSCM area. PDW sessions are also intended for professional development of the participants, so sessions around innovative research and teaching development are called for. PDWs can take different formats, such as workshops, tutorials, debates, roundtable discussions, panel discussions, facility tours, etcetera. Feel free to be creative

We highly encourage PDW proposals that link to other divisions/interest groups with joint sponsorship as well as ones that reflect the AOM 2024 theme – "Innovating for the Future." Some examples of PDW topics that could be considered in the context of OSCM are the responsible integration of emerging technologies such as AI, navigating paradoxes and complexities in digital and green transformation (i.e., the 'twin transition'), future-oriented supply chain innovation efforts, how these developments (re-)shape our domain's future research agenda and professional development as scholars, and how can we innovate our teaching practices for the future in light of the preponderance of emerging technologies.

I look forward to receiving your applications!

The full call for PDWs can be found here: Call for Submissions | OSCM PDW

------------------------------
    Desiree Van Dun
    Assistant Professor
    University of Twente
    Enschede
    ------------------------------