MONDAY, AUGUST 12th:
* OSCM Division Breakfast and Meet Journal Editors; 8 - 9 AM, Room Essex Center
* Best Student Paper Award: 9.45-11.15, Room Courier
Finalists for the Best Paper submitted by a student to AOM. Winner will be announced in the session
* OSCM Plenary Session; 11.30 - 1.00 PM, Room America North
Title: Digital Innovation
Speaker: David Simchi-Levi, Professor of Engineering Systems, MIT
Abstract: We discuss three technology trends, digitization; analytics, including the application of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms; and automation, and their impacts on the ability of companies to reduce cost, increase revenue and improve margins and market share. We report results from live implementations in companies from a variety of industries including retail, CPG, automotive and airline.
* Chan Hahn Award Session: 1.15 -- 2.45 PM, Room St. George D
Finalists for Chan Hahn Hahn Award will present their papers. Winner will announced at the end of the session.
* Finalists for Best SCM Paper in OSCM: 4.45 -- 6.15 PM, Room St. George D
Finalists for the Best Paper submitted to AOM will present their work. Winner will be announced at the reception following the session.
* OSCM Best SCM Paper Award and ISM Reception: 6 -- 8 PM, Room Essex South. Sponsor: ISM. Best SCM Paper will be announced at the reception