ACADEMIC POSITIONS IN
About the Roles
The Department of Management and Marketing at the University of Melbourne invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions at the levels of Assistant or Associate Professors in Management (Australian Classification Lecturer to Associate Professor). Key areas of appointment include the following:
- Strategy/International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Organisational Studies
- First Nations Business and Leadership
Junior appointees will need to have completed a Ph.D. in Management or be close to completion and are expected to demonstrate the capability to publish in esteemed refereed journals. Senior appointees will have an outstanding track record in leadership, research, teaching, industry engagement, supervision of research students and mentoring of junior colleagues. All appointees will be expected to contribute to the collegial and intellectual life of the Department and their academic disciplines.
About the Organisation
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia's #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
The University of Melbourne is ranked #34 in the world in Business and Management studies, according to the 2023 Time Higher Education World University Rankings. The faculty members in the management discipline publish regularly in FT50 and other top management journals (e.g., Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Management Studies, Organization Studies, Strategic Management Journal) and serve on the editorial boards of many of these journals. The Department has strong undergraduate and postgraduate programs and an established five-year PhD program. The Department has an active research seminar series and is regularly visited by many domestic and international scholars. The Faculty of Business and Economics provides strong research support in the forms of research grants, visiting scholar schemes, and a generous annual budget for research-related travels.
Benefits of Working at the University of Melbourne
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental, and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with standing, 17% superannuation (pension) contributions, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
· Professional development opportunities including a University-wide Academic Women in Leadership Program
· Relocation support (where applicable)
The Department and the Faculty provide:
- Access to specialist centres in a dynamic research environment
- Excellent resources to support collaboration within and outside the University
· Professional development opportunities among world class academics
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages and culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
To apply, please visit the link below for position description and selection criteria.
Online applications should only be submitted via the University's careers page (link above). Contact the Head of Department, Professor Jill Lei at firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information.
Applications close: April 10, 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time (April 10, 2023 9:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time)
Applications are open until April 10 2023, with flexible start dates.