UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO
Robert O. Anderson School of Management
Position in Operations Management
JR # 17523
The Department of Marketing, Information & Decision Science (MIDS) at the Anderson School of Management is seeking to fill the position of Professor of Practice in Operations Management to begin August 2022.
The Anderson School of Management is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International and is one of the few programs in the world to attain both an Accounting and Business Accreditation from AACSB. We offer BBA and MBA degrees in 12 concentrations as well as an Executive MBA for working professionals and an MBA in Education Leadership. With over 21,000 alumni, Anderson alums can be found having an impact in their communities all over the world. With a strength in diversity, equity and inclusion, Anderson emphasizes collaborative student interaction, active adult learning, team experiences and scholarship that draw upon a variety of methodologies and subject areas.
New Mexico is an ethnically diverse state with a rich cultural heritage. The richness of our community is demonstrated both internally (http://www.unm.edu/welcome/) and within the city (https://advance.unm.edu/why-abq/) and state (https://www.newmexico.org/). The University of New Mexico seeks a diverse faculty who can contribute to the University's mission and values and continue to build the excellent research and teaching climate of Anderson School of Management through diversity. The Operations Management faculty supports existing BBA and MBA programs including concentrations in Operations Management. Teaching responsibilities for this position include undergraduate and graduate courses in Operations Management. Typical teaching load for a Professor of Practice is three classes per semester.
University of New Mexico is committed to promoting and supporting the diversity of our campuses. UNM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must possess an earned doctorate or have strong prospect for completing a doctorate in Operations Management or a closely related field by August 2022.
- Evidence of excellence or promise of achieving excellence in teaching Operations Management core and concentration courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Evidence of or promise of maintaining a program of research and scholarship, such as publications in peer-reviewed journals, refereed conference proceedings and presentations, or other academic publications.
- Demonstrated ability or interest in teaching core Operations Management courses, including Statistics, and elective Operations Management courses such as Service Operations, Data Analytics, Sustainable Operations, and Behavioral Operations Management.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Interested candidates must submit:
- A cover letter indicating the candidate's interests, goals, and qualifications for the position, elaborating on any relevant areas of emphasis in teaching and research. Applicants that have not yet defended their PhD Dissertation will be asked to include an anticipated timeline for completion of their PhD.
- A complete and up-to-date curriculum vita,
- Transcripts of all graduate coursework (readable, unofficial copies will be accepted),
- Names and contact information of three to five professional references,
- A statement of commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, and working with broadly diverse communities,
- Sample articles/publications,
- Syllabi of course(s) taught,
- Aggregate summaries of instructor evaluations or other evidence of excellence in teaching.
The Operations Management group is a small, cohesive group seeking colleagues who demonstrate a willingness to make a commitment to maintaining and building a strong Operations Management area within The Robert O. Anderson School of Management.
For best consideration, complete applications must be received by 11/06/2021. The position will remain open until filled. All applications will be taken online at https://unmjobs.unm.edu. Please refer to posting No. req17523.
Application assistance may be found at: http://hr.unm.edu/abouthr/unmjobs.php#2.
For information about the Robert O. Anderson School of Management and the Operations Management faculty, see www.mgt.unm.edu.
The Anderson School of Management is Fully Accredited by the AACSB.
"The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator"
University of New Mexico